Sunday, September 2, 2012


Labor Day 2016
Labor day is in celebration of the workforce, the backbone of our economy, but why then does it have such a uninspiring name? As a writer who writes daily for Helium, words are a great way to get in touch with your thoughts.

Many times I start my writing day a bit grumpy, especially on Monday mornings, much preferring to sleep until ten. Then wow, I survey ideas and writing notions and my outlook changes drastically.

About the word labor. It sets a tone that gives little incentive but if one overlooks its connotations and instead prefers to see the work day as a way to start on a new day, a new adventure with less depressing thoughts, then mental health has inched forward. And good mental health is what living and working is all about. Therefore be joyful about Labor Day and celebrate it joyfully and stop allowing it's bad associations get you down.

PS. The picture? Generally I I upload one of my scribblings of art or some scanned piece of past art, doodle or what not, but this time, it's a picture of my daughter and myself. I have the long blond hair and with my right arm I'm holding my baby. She's grown now, has a family of her own and is the proud owner of her own baby safety business. I'm holding my baby safely and whether or not I'm having more fun as a blond, gray headed old lady, is debatable but that picture popped up when I went searching for an appropriate picture to adorn my Labor Day viewpoints for mental health.

No comments:

Post a Comment