Sunday, November 20, 2011

Keeping busy


Doldrums don't stay around my place long. No sooner than I begin feeling let down and put upon, misunderstood and unloved, I think of all my blessings! And without even meaning too, I've forgotten what it was that was invading my thoughts in a few short minutes.

I've made a discovery about the blahs, this state of mind comes about only when we are thinking so much about ourselves we cannot think of others who may need something from us, it's called selfishness. It latches onto all of us from time to time.

The cure? Get beyond your own self importance and know that's its a fable. Leave those self-defeating thoughts where they belong in the trash can. If they haven't made you rich by now, they probably won't. If you're afraid of getting caught being the plain, ordinary, run of the mill person that you are, but the one you admire the most, think this way: You're most important in the eyes of the creator and He loves you as you are. Had He wanted you the way you think you ought to be, He would have created you that way. Be yourself and cut through all the heavy pretensions you've been carrying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment