Wednesday, May 4, 2011

How to refrain from being judgmental


In the world we live in today where evil is so rampant, it is comforting to know others are worse than we are. But is our goodness something that we can boast and brag about? No! But for the grace of God, go I is a more humane approach. Who knows the mind of God, or his ways? All anyone knows or can know is their own experiences with him, or lack thereof.

For instance, who knows when that invisible spark of humanity unknown and thought of by the crowds to be non-existent, may actually have taken root? Although unlikely in most obvious circumstances, still, it is best to leave the matter entirely with God who alone is in charge.

Why? It is unseemly and no matter how mean or evil a person is, they did not come into this world alone, they had a mother, a father, brothers, sisters, and perhaps children who may harbor no such evil intents as the horrid one. It is best to keep quiet about what we know little about. And along those lines, I admit, I may be putting myself in that category by writing this.

Until the next time I step up and talk about what I know nothing about, I will now close. And hopefully I will have something more than a dirty sock to show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment